Thursday, September 6, 2012

DIY: Goddess Plaque

  One of the blogs that I follow, Ozark Pagan Mamma, is the closest thing I could find to celtic paganism when I was looking for more information. Though she doesn't refer to herself as a celtic pagan, alot of the information she shares is relevant to what I've been researching.

   A post she she did a while back shared a plaque she made for Bride for Imbolc and it came out great! And she made it out of a simpe salt dough recipe. Take a look at how it turned out here.

   Today I wanted to share a couple of other recipes I found for salt dough and encourage you to make your own Goddess (or God) plaque for your favorite deity as a wall decoration or to sit atop your altar. Maybe it will stay out all year, or only on certain occasions.

   Salt dough doesn't have to just be limited to this though, and if you have children you can have them join in on the fun too! Make ornaments for Christmas or yule, sculptures for their own little altars, or presents for friends and family.

Visit easychildcrafts.com for two different salt dough recipes as well as tips and suggestions on how else to use it.

  Tomorrow is Friday (yay!) so hopefully I can finally pump out a Pagan Blog Project Post as well... must. prioritize. immediately.  :)

1 comment:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I just bookmarked the recipe. I'm sure my Little Princess will love to make something together (she's the sculptor of the family ;-)

P. S. All Hallow's Grim is back. This year we celebrate The Darker Side of Faerie. I hope you come over, and bring something Celtic and awesome ;-)

Post a Comment