Monday, April 2, 2012

Absence makes the heart..... something or other... :)

   A very weary and tired hello to all my wonderful followers. I have been noticeably absent from my blog for quite some time now and I do apologize. Things have been pretty hectic with my family.

   First of all, I found a job! Beginning on March 5 I began training as a sales agent for DirecTV at a local call center here in my town. It's a great job, very easy to get the hang of and it's definitely not like my time with match.com. I'm making a great hourly wage plus commission, something new for me as I've never held a "sales" position before.

    Of course, with the beginning of my job came the beginning of daycare for my 17 month old daughter, Rayne. She still hasn't quite gotten used to it and cries when I drop her off but me, I'm proud to say, I stopped crying along with her about two weeks in. However 2 days into daycare she had to be picked up for a fever of 102 and taken to the hospital where we were told she had a virus. Two weeks later she still had it so we went back into her pediatrician who informed us she had double ear infections, a virus, a bacterial infection as well as a sinus infection..... and all this because they didn't give her antibiotics at the hospital because the virus wasn't "bad enough for antibiotics yet".

   And lastly, we finally found a place of our own! After a lot of searching and deliberating on the neighborhood we started renting a very spacious 3-bedroom town home right in the center of town, perfectly spaced between my job and the hubby's. We're still setting up house which is why I haven't returned to blogging as soon as I would have liked. Well, that, and we were without internet for the first week and half of being here.


   So here's to new and great things and the return to writing! Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment