Saturday, October 15, 2011

Get Off Your Broom Fitness Challenge

   Can I be honest?

   I signed up for the Get Off Your Broom Fitness Challenge, but I haven't actually done anything.

                                       I know, I know... horrible.

   And I can find every excuse in the book; not enough money for the right food, my daughter interferes with being able to work out, we were moving and had a lot of stuff going on the past couple of weeks. But the real reason is - I've just gotten lazy.

   And it shows. I was doing great earlier this year at losing the left over baby weight plus a little extra I've gained over the last 2 years or so then my medication was changed and it through me off the wagon and I haven't exactly found my way back on.

   So what's the plan you ask? Well, it was Zumba, which I think I will continue, but to jumpstart everything my husband turned me on to the Beachbody Insanity work outs hosted by Shaun T.



   What we're looking at getting is a collection of 10 DVD's packed with plyometric drills on top of nonstop intervals of strength, power, resistance, and ab and core training moves. It's interval training at its, you guessed it, insane. It's a 60 day total body transformation process which I'm hoping will get us ready just in time for the new year. What I'm especially hoping is it will get me through the holidays without gaining anymore weight.

   What I'm going to do now is add my own personal Fitness Diary to me sidebar underneath the button for the fitness challenge, much like Magaly over at Pagan Culture has done on her site. Here I'll share my check-ins, my goals (and failures...can't be afraid to share those too) and how we're (I say we, because my husband is doing the workouts along with me) doing with the Insanity workouts.

   So wish us good luck and for any of my followers out there who are also doing this challenge good luck as well! We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment