Now, on to business!
From the blog, Lil Luna, comes the recipe for Blackout Candy Apples. Much nicer (and probably cheaper) than going to the store to buy enough for you and the family.
- 8-10 apples
- 8-10 skewers/striped straws
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. black paste food color
- 2 drops cinnamon flavor
- Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Wash your apples and let dry. Recipe will make 8-10 apples depending on their size. Add your skewers and/or striped straws.
- Cook sugar, water and corn syrup in a pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved and starts to boil. Cooking for 10-12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees. Or you can cook until a small amount of mixture dropped into a cold cup of water separates intro hard candy.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon flavoring and food coloring. Mix well.
- Dip each apple in mixture to quickly coat it and place apples on cookie sheet. Let set.
I might have to make a midnight-pregnant-woman-craving run to Walmart and get some supplies!
Our craft today is aso great for kids, or nieces and nephews if you have them. It's SLIME! And what kid doesn't love slime at one point? :)
This is also from another blog, All Things Simple. I'll just provide the link for this one since she's got it all set up with pictures and seperate instructions for each step. Enjoy!