I'm on a mission to lose my pregnancy weight that's been sticking around since I had my daughter last September, and to go along with the Kitchen Witch path I'm trying to follow I thought I'd share some natural ways to boost your metabolism for anyone else on this journey as well.
Natural Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
As always, all of this should be done alongside healthy eating habits and a good exercise routine. Consult your doctor or physician before beginning any exercise routine.
*Instead of eating 3 meals a day, try eating several, small healthy ones throughout the day and snacking on fruits and veggies. This will keep your blood sugar stable and your metabolism working and running at full speed all day.
* Don't skip breakfast. This will dramatically slow down your metabolism and you want that kickstart in the morning since you've gone for a couple of hours without food.
* Add some cayenne pepper to your meals. It contains capsaicin which has metabolic boosting and fat burning qualities.
* Take a multivitamin daily. Try finding one that contains vitamins B, C, D, and E. Take according to the manufacturers instructions.
* Drink green tea. The catechin polyphenols in green tea increase the amount of energy the body uses in heat production by up to 4%. The result is an increase in metabolism.
* Build muscle and exercise. Exercising boosts metabolism both during the exercise and for a few hours afterwards. Using weights to increase muscle will also help as the body will need extra energy to help repair the stressed muscles.
* Stay hydrated. Water is responsible for several metabolic processes, including digestion, waste management and temperature regulation. The Mayo Clinic recommends drinking 2 liters of water daily. You can fight hunger as well as raise your metabolism by drinking a glass before each meal. To provide an extra boost, make sure your water is ice cold. Your body burns extra calories heating it up to room temperature.
* Try exercising in the morning. It's a great way to start the day and will keep your metabolism up for the rest of it.
Good luck! I, myself, am on myfitnesspal.com under DAyers723 for anyone interested in conversations or a few encouraging words! Have a great week!